Ingredients1 calf's brain
Salt and pepper
1 lime or lemon
Vegetable oil for frying
1 or 2 tomatoes
- Put the calf's brain into fast boiling water and boil for 10 minutes to firm up. Remove from the water and leave to cool.
- Chop finely, removing the outer membrane. Add salt, pepper and a drop of lemon or lime juice.
- Beat the egg and add enough to the mixture to bind it.
- Take about a dessertspoonful of the mixture, shape, brush over with the remainder of the egg and coat with bread crumbs.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown.
- Place on a dish with a heap of fried parsley and a few slices of tomato.